Monday, November 3, 2014

Ours is an age-old bond!

How meaningless would this world have been, without your soothing presence! In vain would have been my life minus your company! Words wouldn't suffice to appreciate all those instances where you were my only refuge!

Wondering who the second person being referred to here, is? ;) Let me not linger the suspense anymore and become a victim of all of your wraths! :)

I am indeed privileged to have been named after one of Almighty’s most incredible creations! I have absolutely no clue as to why my parents chose to give me such an honour but I am certainly indebted to them, for, knowingly or unknowingly the very name developed a  sense of obligation in me for Music :) (thank me for finally breaking the ice! :P)

I somehow feel, the connection between us exists since the time God finally decided to work on his long pending project – creation of humans! :) Music has this magnificent ability to play around with moods at any point of the day – during the presence of a bright wide upper curve on the lips or even during a dull lower curve phase.

There are various ways to judge a person – shoes, books, movies, outfit, etcetera. But when I am given the license to provide inputs, I would say, Music has this daring ability to present in a crystal clear mode, a person’s current temper and what she/he is going through right now. Or at least I tend to become so much vulnerable when earphones are plugged in! :)

To all the great Musicians, Composers, Lyricists, Artists, Singers and everyone involved in such an unbelievable creation – Life would have been totally pointless barring you! Every form of Music has a special aura around it. The moment it traverses through us, a distinct sense of happiness surrounds us – irrespective of the many struggles bumped upon during the day.

Every song in my playlist has an emotional feel attached to it. Some reminiscing college days, some heading way back to school days, some prompting even a mere train travel and so on :) Sounds filmy, but being a faithful Piscean, I do travel to a dream world occasionally, of course with earphones at the receiving end of my ear :P After a strenuous day, instead of cursing your boss or yourself for all the hassles encountered from dawn to dusk, get home, plug in your earpieces and lose yourself in the awesomatic heaven of Music!

Disclaimer: Don’t ever dare try playing your favourite songs on a loudspeaker at home. If you do, I ain't going to be responsible for all the swearwords you would confront, from the point of pressing the play button until you are forced to hard-press it back ;)

Nevertheless, some families are so full of musical blood that any and every song pleases them and it’s undeniably hard to convince them that there is another section in the human race that detests ‘headache-causing noises’ :P Fortunately or unfortunately I fall in the former bracket and it is extremely challenging to induce in me, an aversion towards any song or music (unless it is exceptionally awful ;))


All hail the Goddess of Music!! :D

Cheers,
Sangeetha

5 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow!!! Am sure this would do a good job at selling music even to the most averse non-music lover!!!!

    Your writing is to the eyes as is a breezy, melifluous music to the ears!!!!

    Hail music, hail music lovers!!!! Cannot agree more!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!! That's indeed a compliment! :D Thanks a bunch Archana! The comparison couldn't get any better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did "santha" offend you because "gee"(t) was removed from it ?? ;)
    The fact that you are master in 4 (i am sure about , are there any more languages??) languages helps you enjoy a wide variety of music.. Enjoy maadi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaa that's true :) m blessed u see ;) and ya, the removal of "gee"t from "santha" resulted in such a long article :P so, next time be warned ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete